Mrs. Percan was born in Winnipeg, Ontario, Canada, and moved with her parents to Los Angeles in 1920. She lived in Fullerton from 1947 to 2015.
She and her husband Nicholas Percan bought a house on Florence Place in Fullerton in 1947. The house was the located in the first blocks of homes near North Basque and West Commonwealth, in the midst of orange groves.
She worked for several doctors in Fullerton over the years and taught 5th grade Sunday school at St. Andrews Episcopal Church (Fullerton) from about 1952 to about 1975.