PROUST QUESTIONNAIRE (borrowed from Vanity Fair magazine)
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? When I find it I will tell you ....but I am generally pretty happy person but I think Perfect is a dangerous word.... not much is Perfect..
2. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Lack of will power
3. What is your greatest extravagance? I have the "lesson of the navy blue, full length, leather coat. I saw it, had to have it, put it on layaway, dreamed of it daily, it would change my life , if only I had the navy blue leather coat.
I finally paid it off and wore it to the theatre when it smelled up the car horribly and a dear friend looked at me in the coat and said." that coat makes you look hard"..... I thought that coat would change my world, an it did in a way I never imagined. I no longer lust after things, and frequently remember the lesson of the navy blue leather coat.
4. What do you dislike most about your appearance? what age is doing to it...
5. What is your greatest regret? That I did not study harder in school..
6. Which talent would you most like to have? I often say that when I am reincarnated I want to sing on tune and have long thick hair... you watch I will come back as a wolf that howls at the moon.
7. What is your current state of mind? Concerned about the future of our world as we know it.. the unrest in Egypt, and the rest of the Middle East. That a political ideology might kill our liberties and freedom.
8. If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be? A wolf howling at the moon, on tune with long thick hair....
9. What is your most treasured possession? my memories
10. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? the Baby Blues.
11. Where would you like to live? Where it is warmer and I had a view of the water.. perhaps Minnesota in the summer and Kona in the winter.
12. What is your favorite occupation? motherhood and grand motherhood
13. What is the quality you most like in a man?
14. What is the quality you most like in a woman? honesty
15. What do you most value in your friends? honesty
16. Who are your favorite writers? I rarely find books that I do not finish because I do not like them.... but I try to stay away from vampire books and books that take place in the cold... although I did like James Michener's Alaska
17. Who are your heroes in real life? people that give of themselves to help others without any monetary satisfaction.,
18. What is it that you most dislike? slums
19. How would you like to die? quickly. And sung at my funeral the Dirty Dancing song.. I had the time of my life since I fell in love with you ......"
20. What is your motto? Smile, that is my hobby to give Smiles away and I get so many back in return....