Saint Jude Hospital site donated, 23 November 1953. Reverend Mother Felix, Superior, sisters of Saint Joseph; William T. Boyce, President, North Orange County Hospital Building Association, donors; Right Reverend Monsignor Thomas J. O'Dwyer. ; Supplementary material reads: "Fullerton -- Photo shows presentation of deed to seven and one-half acres to Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange for their proposed St. Jude Hospital. Left to right: Rev. Mother Felix, superior of Sisters of St. Joseph; William T. Boyce, president of North Orange County Hospital Building Association which deeded property to the Sisters; and Rt. Rev. Msgr. Thomas J. O'Dwyer, director of health and hospitals for Archdiocese of Los Angeles."
Exactly who gave the land to the North Orange County Hospital Building Association? A Bastanchury or Arroues family heir? The Mucks? Need to know. The story is not complete without that information.
Orange County remained part of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles until March 24, 1976, when Pope Paul VI established the Diocese of Orange. Los Angeles auxiliary bishop William Robert Johnson was appointed the first Bishop of Orange.